AIM began in February, 2015, as a group of Montclair residents interested in bringing issues facing older adults to the attention of municipal, county and state representatives as well as various community organizations.
Four months later, Aging in Montclair, Inc., was formed and incorporated as a New Jersey 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. AIM has built a strong leadership group and its membership includes hundreds of individuals from Montclair and nearby towns.
AIM’s goal, as set forth in its mission statement, is to provide a collective voice for Montclair’s senior residents on issues that concern aging in community, using communication, advocacy and activism.
- Keeping members informed about community programs and volunteer opportunities of interest to older residents.
- Providing updates on AIM advocacy efforts.
- Encouraging members to refer to the Senior Citizens Advisory Committee (SCAC) website (http://www.scacmontclair.org) and calendar in order to stay informed about important issues as well as programs and resources for older residents.
- Notifying AIM members and the larger community about crucial issues on the legislative agenda at municipal, county and state levels.
- Developing strategies to seek funds for needed programs.
- Helping to link individuals with needs and questions to organizations that can address these issues.
- Interfacing with community organizations providing services for seniors.
- Alerting the AIM membership to upcoming events and hearings where senior presence and input are crucial.
- Sponsoring community forums on topics of interest and importance to older residents.
- Communicating with local and state elected officials in support of legislation that addresses the needs of our aging population.
Board of Trustees:
- President~Andrea Peyser
- Vice President~Penelope Carey
- Secretary~Carolyn Lack
- Treasurer~Gerry Kirschbaum
- Fundraising Chair~Louella Dudley
- Education Chair~Susan Ladov
- Housing Chair~Linda Russell
- Membership/Communications Chair~Fran Hecker
- Elsie Barrick
- Adriana O’Toole
- Carol Martancik
- Marie Badaracco